| You haven't written a word, have you?
This page needs expansion order to meet Sherlock Wiki's standards.
|A Study in Pink|
|Season One, Episode One|
|Air date||July 25, 2010|
|Written by||Steven Moffat|
|Directed by||Paul McGuigan|
|Unaired pilot||"The Blind Banker"|
Doctor John Watson, recently returned from Afghanistan, is looking for a place to live. He is introduced to Sherlock Holmes via a mutual friend, and through a series of events is sucked into Sherlock's life as a 'consulting detective'. A mysterious string of serial suicides has the detective intrigued, and he works with and around the police to solve what becomes a puzzling murder.
Dr. John Watson, an ex-army doctor recently returned from Afghanistan, is having a nightmare with images of armed conflict that cause him wake up in sweat and tears. His therapist, believing him to be suffering post-traumatic stress disorder, encourages him to start writing a blog about everything as a means to cope with his stress symptoms and his trust issues. John feels as though nothing ever happens to him, and fails to see the point.
- Written by:
- Directed by:
- Also starring:
- Jeff Hope – Phil Davis
- Ella Thompson – Tanya Moodie
- Helen – Siobhan Hewlett
- Sir Jeffrey Patterson – William Scott-Masson
- Margaret Patterson – Victoria Wicks
- Gary Jenkins – Sean Young
- Jimmy – James Duncan
- Political Aides
- Ruth Everett
- Syrus Lowe
- Beth Davenport – Katy Maw
- Mike Stamford – David Nellist
- Jennifer Wilson – Louise Breckon-Richards
- Anderson – Jonathan Aris
- Anthea – Lisa McAllister
- Angelo – Stanley Townsend
- Taxi Passenger – Peter Brooke
Production notes Edit
Character revelations Edit
- John has an alcoholic sister.
- This is the first official episode of the series. An unaired pilot was created beforehand, but never aired on television.